- Rechargeable Batteries and CFLs-Lowes and Home Depot
- Grocery Bags-Harris Teeter, Food Lion, Whole Foods, and Lowes
- #5 Plastic Items-Whole Foods
- TVs, Printers, Cell Phones, Ink, Cameras, Video Games-Best Buy
Mecklenburg County – Extra Trash / Bulky Items:
Call 3-1-1 to schedule a BULKY item pickup. Items too large to be placed in a rollout cart can be scheduled for collection. To be eligible for this service, you must currently receive garbage collection from the city. When calling, let them know how much extra you have for pickup.Resources:
- Click here to find Full Service Recycling centers in Mecklenburg County.
- Click here to learn more about battery recycling.
- Clicking here to learn all about the many things that Harris Teeter recycles.
- Click here for solid waste resources in Mecklenburg County.
- Click here to find recycling centers near you.